What is mental health?
Mental health is an individual’s overall psychological, emotional, and social wellbeing. It is associated with day-to-day functioning and the ability to cope with life’s stresses and challenges. Mental health includes the ability to think, feel, and act in ways that help us realize our potential, cope with life’s stresses, make meaningful contributions to our communities, and enjoy life.
What is bad mental health?
Bad mental health is any disorder that affects a person’s mood, behavior, or ability to function in daily life. Examples of bad mental health include anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and personality disorders. Symptoms may include persistent feelings of sadness, difficulty sleeping, difficulty concentrating, and difficulty in work or social settings.
Ten ways to fix your anxiety.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise has been proven to help both physical and mental health.
- Get enough sleep: Adequate sleep helps improve mental clarity, concentration, memory and mood.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating healthy can help reduce symptoms of depression, improve concentration and increase energy levels.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness can reduce stress levels while increasing self-awareness and mental clarity.
- Spend time in nature: Nature has been linked to improved mental health and sense of wellbeing.
- Make time for hobbies: Engaging in activities you enjoy can help keep your mind active and your spirits elevated.
- Connect with others: Spend time with a friend or reach out to a loved one–Oftentimes, social connection is an easy, inexpensive way to help lift moods.
- Identify your stressors: Developing coping skills to manage stress can help improve mental health.
- Find time to relax: Taking breaks to do things you enjoy or relaxation techniques like meditation can help alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Seek professional help: If you are struggling with mental health issues, it’s important to get help from a professional.